Thursday, August 2, 2012

Final Reflection

In this class along with several other media production classes is that you never have enough time or money to make things work to your benefit. Nothing will ever be exactly perfect and most things will not go as planned. This is a very frustrating process, but there's really no way around it. I'm glad that I was able to take this class during the summer especially knowing that it was an intense class. However, I wish that I could have spent more time on many things. I hate some things were rushed, but it's a great feeling knowing that I have accomplished a very difficult class during a short amount of time.  I have learned lots of things that needs much improvement if I continue in this field. From this class I was kind of disappointed to know I was not as far along as others, but I hope that I can learn from this experience now.
One of my many improvements that I really want to become great at is lighting, and framing. I really struggle with visualizing shots, and that to me is key to making a good story great. Also I would like to learn more about lighting so I can know exactly where to put light and what kind of light you need for a certain scene.
I definitely would like to have a much better knowledge of every aspect of the camera, because it seems to work out alot better if your director is also a great cinematograper. This helps both the director and the cinematographer to have good communication to know exactly what the shot is.
I still love movies and whether or not I will ever be great at it, I still have learned so much about movies. I love being able to know how or why they do certain things in movies. Not just, 'O that must have been an accident." And having knowledge about these aspects of film makes me feel smart that I know exactly what kind of shot that is and how they did it. That has to be my favorite experience about taking these classes. I learned so much in this class and this was a good class for me to see where I need improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment