Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Midterm Reflection

I'm very excited to have accomplished so much in so little time; however, I wish I had more time to perfect my assignments. I think this class has been a great learning experience for me; it has really opened my eyes. This experience has broadened my horizons. Now when I watch movies, t.v. etc. I think of how they filmed it. What kind of shots did they use? Dolly, Glide, Fig Rig and so much more. One of my favorite things I have learned is the different stands/tripods and gear you can you use when mounting the camera.

Our screening of our portraits was a quite scary feeling, I really really did not want to participate, but learned it wasn’t so bad. I did however enjoy watching others work a lot better than mine. It gave me ideas for future projects.
And the feedback from each portrait was really great because you learned how and why they did certain things throughout their piece. One thing I wish I knew more about is final cut pro. I find it difficult for me to cut things together smoothly because I am still new to the software. I plan on taking intro to post to learn more about it so that this part will be less challenging.
My other struggle would be visualizing shots. I don’t think about how to do a certain shot till I have seen it in another piece. With this scene assignment I am really going to try to expand my imagination so my shots will look very well composed.
Again all of these factors have been GREAT learning experiences for me. I will forever think about all aspects when filming or watching t.v.
So far I have really enjoyed this class and I know once I finish it I will feel even more accomplished than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment